Dancing With the Stars has revealed its cast for the new season which premieres next month; March 18 to be exact. Below are the 11 contestants who will be fighting for the mirror ball trophy. A 12th contestant will be announced at a later date. Rumor has it that it will be Sean Lowe, the latest Bachelor on ABC.
DWTS took a large ratings hit last season with its first-ever “All-Stars” cast. The fall? Well, the ratings for the November finale fell 27 percent from the fall 2011 season. ABC is hoping that going back to the basics with an all new cast will bring back the viewers it lost last season.
So, below is the the list of the 11 celebrities on next season’s Dancing With the Stars, as unveiled Tuesday on Good Morning America:
- Lisa Vanderpump, Real Housewives of Beverly Hills
- Wynonna Judd, country singer –DWTS has tried to recruit her six times!
- D.L. Hughley, standup comedian/actor
- Zendaya Coleman, Disney Channel
- Aly Raisman, Olympic champion gymnast
- Jacoby Jones, Super Bowl Champ Baltimore Ravens wide receiver. Jacoby tied a Super Bowl record when he returned the opening kickoff of the second half of the Super Bowl for a 108-yard touchdown
- Andy Dick, actor/comedian
- Victor Ortiz, WBC Welterweight Champion
- Ingo Rademacher, General Hospital actor
- Kellie Pickler, American Idol alum/country singer
- Dorothy Hamill, Olympic skating gold medalist
Now, as far as the professionals are concerned, Derek Hough is still back in but Maksim Chmerkovskiy is out! “I just want to set the record straight to all of my amazing fans that I will unfortunately not be returning for this season of ‘Dancing with the Stars,’” Max conformed. “I’ve been a Pro dancer on the show for about seven years now and am eager to explore other opportunities … I’m going to take this time to dive into producing and acting, while fulfilling my sponsorship obligations.”