Selena Gomez To Play Charlotte York On Sex & The City Prequel?

Rumors hit recently that a Sex and the City prequel may be in the works. But even if that rumor is becoming more and more confirmed lately, who could ever fill the younger Manolo Blahnik shoes of Carrie, Charlotte, Samantha, or Miranda?

Rumors have also swirled that Blake Lively could play the role of a younger Carrie Bradshaw. But we may also now have a candidate for Charlotte York, the character made famous by Kristin Davis.

Per The Daily CallerCandace Bushnell, the author of SATC, would love to have Selena Gomez take the role. “You know, I don’t know…Casting is like kismet. I’m going to get into trouble for this, but I was looking at some pictures of Selena Gomez today and thinking ‘she’d make a really good young Charlotte.'” Bushnell continued, “She’s so pretty. I was like…gosh, wouldn’t she be great? Am I right or wrong? I’m not good at this. If I say something like that, then the next thing I know, people are like, no!”

Back to the rumor of whether there will be a prequel at all, Candace also told The Daily Caller that she could see either of her two Sex and the City prequels, The Carrie Diaries or Summer and the City, being turned into a movie. “Definitely something on the screen,” Candace said. “Big or small screen.”

What do you think of the Gomez-Davis match up? I think it could work–the two do have a bit of a resemblance already even before movie makeup imposes its magical transformation.

Jersey Shore’s DJ Pauly D Sued For $4 Million Dollars

DJ Pauly D of Jersey Shore is being sued by… DJ Paulie!

Paul “Pauly D” DelVecchio was hit with a $4 million trademark infringement lawsuit Thursday, filed by a Connecticut DJ, Paul Lis, who goes by the stage name, “DJ Paulie.” 
DJ Paulie claims his long-established DJ business of 40 years hit the toilet because of the newer but now more famous DJ from Seaside Heights overshadowing him.

According to the New York Post, Lis’ attorney, Jose M. Rojas, says: “[Lis] formally trademarked the name ‘DJ Paulie’ and then came the ‘Jersey Shore’ which basically wiped him off the face of the map.” The lawsuit alleges that because MTV has flooded the internet with so much Jersey Shore information, it is now impossible to find any content or information on Lis.
The lawsuit alleges.”The reality television show [chronicles the lives of] a group of young adults pursuing a debauched lifestyle suggestive of loose morals, violence, intoxication and liberal profanity — the exact opposite of the reputation the Plaintiff, ‘DJ Paulie’ that [sic] he had spent decades cultivating.”
Delvecchio had previously tried to trademark his “Pauly D” nickname, claiming his and Lis’ businesses are sufficiently different to avoid confusion with consumers, but his attempts were denied.
Along with Pauly, MTV and hotels and other businesses that have contracts with him are named as defendants in this lawsuit.

VIDEO: Beyonce Makes Surprise Appearance At Harlem Boys & Girls Club Performance

Beyonce made the dreams of some lucky children come true this week when she made a surprise appearance at a Harlem Target. CBS New York reports that 150+ kids from various Boys & Girls Clubs were at the store to learn and perform dance moves made famous by the singer when Beyonce showed up on stage to join the shocked kids.

“It was amazing. I didn’t even know she was behind me,” Symone Huggins, 15, said. “I turned and was like ‘Oh my God!'”

Beyonce’s album, 4, was released earlier this week and is slated to debut at number 1 on the Billboard 200 this week.
Watch the kids’ awesome reaction below starting at the 1:05 mark:

The Situation Drops Lawsuit Against His Father

Jersey Shore star Mike “The Situation” Sorrentino recently sued his father Frank Sorrentino because Sorrentino, Sr. had started a website to humiliate his reality show son.


But it seems like all is finally well in the Sorrentino household. TMZ reports that The situation has dropped his suit against his papa and his papa has in turn agreed to stop using his son’s name, image and likeness to make some extra dough.

Frank Sorrentino says in the court papers that he is actually a victim because he was exploited by a “con artist” named Robert Fletcher, his former publishing agent, who planned to make money off of the family fight. 

Frank states in court papers, “I regret getting involved with Robert Fletcher and I am sorry that I participated, to the detriment of my son Michael.”
Ah, that just gives me the warm fuzzy feelings…

How Much Did Ashley Hebert Get Paid For Starring On The Bachelorette?

Let’s hope Ashley Hebert finds true love on The Bachelorette because she certainly isn’t bringing home the big bucks from her appearance on the ABC reality show.

According to Us Weekly, Hebert only made $30,000 for the two months of filming for the show. In comparison, previous Bachelors and Bachelorettes walked away with paychecks of up to $100,000 for the same “work.”
And to put things even in more perspective: Bachelor Jason Mesnick and current wife Molly Malaney got paid $30,000 for a two-hour wedding special last year.

The Voice: No Judges Controversy Here, ALL Judges Returning For Season 2

GREAT NEWS! We don’t have to speculate for months as to who will judge the next season of NBC’s hit show, The Voice, like we have been with American Idol recently. Season 1’s Blake Shelton, Adam Levine, Christina Aguilera and Cee Lo Green will all return next season!

Paul Telegdy, Executive Vice President of NBC, said: “Our fantastic coaches were integral to the tremendous success of The Voice this year and we are thrilled that they are all returning. We look forward to building season two and making The Voice an even greater experience for fans.”

Javier Colon was The Voice‘s first winner and the show will return in January to go head to head with American Idol for its season 2.

Which singing competition is your favorite? Idol or The Voice? Or are you just dying for the premiere of The X Factor?

SYTYCD 6/30 Results: Who Went Home?

So You Think You Can Dance elimination results show was held Thursday June 30, 2011. If you want spoiler results of of which couples were safe and which couples landed in the bottom three, plus who was voted off and eliminated, look below.

SAFE:
Melanie & Marko
Ryan & Ricky
Jordan & Tadd
Sasha & Alexander
Chris & Jess
BOTTOM THREE
Ashley & Chris
Miranda & Robert
Caitlynn & Mitchell

WHO GOT VOTED OFF AND WENT HOME?
Miranda and Robert were eliminated

The Closer: Complete Sixth Season On DVD Bonus Features

I buy DVDs a lot of times just to watch the bonus features! Take The Closer: The Complete Sixth Season on DVD for example. It’s packed with a bunch of extra features such as un-aired scenes and gag reels. But my favorite extra clip is “Kyra Sedgwick Opens Up About The Closer”.

In that bonus, I get a better understanding of why Kyra loves her character and why she signed up for this role. Kyra had no interest in a TV gig when they approached her but once she read the script she fell in love with Brenda’s character, personality, gusto and work. How could she resist?

Watch the entire season 6 and the bonus features on The Closer: The Complete Sixth Season on DVD The Closer Sixth Season DVD which can be pre-ordered here today: http://bit.ly/kgqBLo !

And here’s a cool clip for you:


*I have been hired by Warner Bros. WBWord division to promote The Closer Sixth Season on DVD.*