The Peninsula Hotels celebrated their third annual The Peninsula Classics Best of the Best Award on Thursday, February 8 in Paris. Held at the stunning The Peninsula Paris hotel, the event was attended by Naomie Harris (Skyfall, Spectre and Moonlight).
The award brings together eight of the concours circuits’ elite best of show winners from around the globe, with the eight nominees as follows:
- 1939 Alfa Romeo 8C 2900B Spider by Touring: Amelia Island Concours de Sport
- 1951 Ferrari 212 Export Cavriolet by Vignale design by Giovanni Michelotti: The Gran Turismo Ferrari Cup, Cavallino Classic
- 1936 Buggati Type 57 SC Coupé Atlantic, design by Jean Bugatti: Chantilly Arts & Elégance Richard Mille
- 1957 Alfa Romeo Glulietta Sprint Speciale Prototipo by Bertone, design by Franco Scaglione: Concorso d’Eleganza Villa d’Este
- 1933/35 Lancia Astura Aerodinamica Coupé by Castagna: Concours of Elegance UK
- 1957 Ferrari 250 GT Cabriolet by Pinin Farina: Goodwood Cartier Style et Luxe Concours d’Elegance
- 1929 Mercedes-Benz S Roadster by Barker: Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance
- 1964 ATS 2500 GTS Coupé by Allemano, design by Franco Scaglione: The Quail, A Motorsports Gathering
The rare and beautiful 1936 Bugatti Type 57SC Atlantic was named the winner. Co-owned by the Mullin Automotive Museum, and Rob and Melani Walton, located in California, USA, the Bugatti is considered by many to be the first supercar ever made.